Payroll Associate in Smyrna:
General Job Description: Entry level duties related to payroll including entering new hire information, entering separations into payroll, researching employment verifications. Answering employee questions, assisting on projects as needed and filing. Administrative duties include overseeing sorting and mailing projects.
30% Entering Terminations into Payroll System – Entering terminations from Payroll Change Forms submitted by the field. Filing those form appropriately. Terminating employees from “unpaid” report and BizTracker report. Contacting supervisors to verify information.
20% Completing Employment Verifications
20% Mail outs – Mailing Letters, Paychecks, Badges, Shirts and other items to field
15% Assisting with phone answering and ESS – Customer service for employee questions and resetting Passwords.
10% Scanning and Setting up files – Scanning new hire paperwork and setting up new hire files.
5% Contact Lists – Updating contact lists and Org Charts
Traits Most Needed:
Goals & Measurable:
Enter payroll information accurately and efficiently, minimizing errors.
Complete project timely and accurately.
Provide excellent service to all managers and employees when assistance regarding any payroll issue is needed.
Continually seek to improve efficiencies and streamline processes related to payroll and projects.
Accounts Payable Specialist in Atlanta
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Coordinate the processing of invoices for payment, including account coding, PO matching, data entry, workflow management and required approvals.
• Receive, research and resolve a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to apocopate persons in a professional and timely manner.
• Coordinate with manufacturing facilities to reconcile and balance POs for period end accruals to ensure liabilities are properly reflected in the general ledger.
• Setup, monitor and maintain certain recurring payments (proper amounts, general ledger coding and payment terms).
• Properly include sales/use and goods/services taxes for USD and CAD invoices to ensure proper tax reporting in accordance with established policies.
• Research and resolve dated outstanding checks.
• Assist with training Dolphin users and new employees in the department.
• Reconcile vendor statements—research and correct any discrepancies.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
• Process special handle items/ check requests.
• Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders, particularly those that do not automatically match.
• Prepare and review payment proposals for the proper inclusion of check runs, wire transfers and ACH transactions, as well as using judgment to detect potential improper items and/or duplicate payments.
• Contribute to the achievement of processing goals to maximize the impact of Dolphin (e.g., correcting vendor and employee behaviors to maximize the system; propose changes to processes).
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years experience with full cycle A/P processing; experience for a manufacturing organization desirable, but not required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to quickly assess and respond to customer inquiries (internal and external).
• Ability to adapt to change and willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly.
• Proven ability to work equally well as a collaborative member of a team or independently.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to determine best-practices and recommend process improvements.
**** Must have a 4 year college degree and SAP knowledge.